A Good Source of Fat:
Fun Fact: Coconut milk is a liquid found inside of mature coconuts. It’s stored within coconut “meat.” To make coconut milk, blend coconut water (the liquid inside) with the coconut “meat,” and strain the combination.
Fun Fact II: Younger coconuts (5 – 7 months) have more coconut water content, which is higher in sugar and certain electrolytes. Mature coconuts have more “meat” so you can make more coconut milk, which is higher in healthy saturated fatty acids and calories.
- boosts immunity/fights diseases
- lowers cholesterol levels
- decreases LDL
- increases HDL
- improves blood pressure
- prevents heart attacks
- prevents strokes
- improves circulation/controls blood flow
- keeps blood vessels flexible
- prevents plaque from forming in blood vessels
- builds muscle
- increases fat burning
- increases weight loss/prevents obesity (keeps you full and satisfied)
- controls insulin levels/prevents diabetes
- prevents anemia
- boosts physical performance
- prevents dehydration
- prevents diarrhea
- detoxes the body
- hydrates the body
- helps the digestive organs (liver, kidney)
- metabolizes fat
- removes waste
- aids digestion
- prevents constipation
- improves gut health
- prevents joint inflammation
- prevents arthritis
- prevents ulcers
- lauric acid (a healthy fat)
- provides energy
- provides antibacterial activities
- provides antiviral activities
- MCT fatty acids
- give brain energy
- give brain calories so that it can function
- electrolytes (magnesium, potassium)
- repair and strengthen tissue after a workout
- stave off exhaustion
- prevent heat strokes
- prevent heart problems
- prevent muscle aches/cramps
- prevent decrease in immunity
- provide nourishment to digestive lining
- Buy organic.
- Buy free of added sugars/sweeteners, preservatives, artificial sweeteners.
- When coconut milk has been pasteurized, some of its nutrients most likely have been destroyed.
- Buy full-fat coconut milk because all of its natural fatty acids are retained. Light coconut milks are strained and lose some of the fatty acids.
- Have 1/4 – 1/2 cup at a time.
- Put it in your smoothie.
Combine coconut milk, goji berries, honey, oatmeal, and more for a delicious breakfast treat!