Brussels Sprouts Salad
Dressing ingredients in separate bowl:
1/2 red onion
2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
1/4 teaspoon salt
In another bowl:
2 cups shredded brussels sprouts
juice of 1/2 lemon
2 tablespoons honey
1/4 cup olive oil
- If you don’t have pomegranate seeds, substitute with cranberries or raisins.
- The recipe calls for ground sumac spice. I substituted lemon zest for the sumac spice.
- The recipe recommends toasting the walnuts. I did not.
- The recipe recommends using Granny Smith, Pink Lady, or Honeycrisp apples.
- If you want to add some hot spice, you can add ground chipotle chile pepper or hot smoked paprika.
- The dressing will discolor the brussels sprouts if you mix it in with the other ingredients more than an hour before you eat it.
Soba noodles with garlic is divine!