Sleep Routine Helpers
- Set a time for going to bed.
- Stop eating 2 hours before going to bed.
- Your body needs to be repairing itself during sleep (not digesting food).
- When your body digests food during sleep, you wake up not feeling rested.
- Food that’s in the digestive system causes fermentation and bad bacteria to build up.
- Eat a lighter dinner (so that your body can digest the food before you go to sleep).
- Put your phone on airplane mode.
- Read from a book right before going to bed.
- Get blackout curtains (so that your room is completely dark).
- Have an air filter or noise machine running in the background.
- Write down your thoughts on a piece of paper.
- Keep the temperature of your room lower (because the temperature of our bodies decreases when we’re sleeping).