Detox Your Body
Fun Fact: Lemon juice is similar to the digestive juices in the stomach.
Fun Fact II: Lemon juice stimulates the liver to make bile. Bile helps food move smoothly through your body and the gastrointestinal tract.
Fun Fact III: Lemons were used to defend against scurvy.
- glowing skin
- enhanced digestion
- upset stomach soothed
- indigestion eased
- weight loss (pectin: fiber that keeps you satiated)
- steady insulin levels (slows down the absorption of nutrients)
- decreased bloating
- improved mood
- stress reduction
- increased energy
- hydrated body
- collagen produced (smooths out facial lines)
- skin refreshed (antioxidants fight free radicals)
- white blood cells produced (vitamin C)
- colds and flus prevented (vitamin C)
- oxidative damage to cells prevented (vitamin C)
- whiter teeth: mix lemon essential oil, baking soda, and coconut oil; then rub on teeth; leave on for 2 minutes
- face wash: mix lemon oil, baking soda, honey
- silverware tarnishes: soak a cloth with lemon oil
- kitchen smell: simmer a pot of lemon peels, cinnamon sticks, and cloves in water
- Drink lemon water right after you wake up.
- Use 1/2 a lemon.
- Put the lemon juice in warm water so that you don’t shock your system.
- Drink it 30 minutes before you eat breakfast. It will help you absorb the breakfast nutrients better.
- Drink lemon juice before brushing your teeth.
- Put lemon juice in an ice tray. Then you can easily pop a lemon juice ice cube in your water.
- Buy organic.
- Green lemons aren’t fully ripe. Dull, wrinkled, or rock hard lemons are to be avoided.
- Thin-skinned lemons give you more juice.
Let’s make a delicious apple butter recipe!