An Apple a Day Keeps the Doctor Away
Fun Fact: Apples are part of the rose family.
Fun Fact II: The skin of an apple has 2 to 5 grams of fiber, depending on the size of the apple.
Fun Fact III: Fiber slows the absorption of sugar from the apple, which helps with weight loss.
Fun Fact IV: Apples keep you satiated for up to 2 hours.
- soluble fiber (pectin)
- after a meal, reduces how much sugar and calories are absorbed into the bloodstream
- wards off type 2 diabetes
- prevents the blood sugar spikes that premeditate fat storage
- prevents cravings caused by blood sugar crashes
- vitamin E (fights Alzheimer’s)
- quercetin (protects brain against oxidative stress from daily life)
- Have water when you first get up. Then have an apple 30 minutes later.
- Have an apple as a midday snack.
- Sprinkle cinnamon on an apple for added benefits.
Improve your memory with nutmeg!