Wards off Bad Cholesterol:
Fun Fact: Oats are gluten free.
Fun Fact II: Soluble fiber forms a gel to prevent cholesterol from being absorbed into your bloodstream.
- curbs bad (LDL) cholesterol (because of soluble fiber beta glucan)
- helps heart
- relieves constipation
- controls blood sugars
Steel Cut Oats Directions:
- Boil 4 cups of water. (Add some salt.)
- Once the water boils, add 1 cup of steel cut oats.
- Bring the water back to a boil.
- Monitor the oats and stir periodically. (The mixture starts foaming and rises.)
- Reduce the heat to low.
- Cook for an hour.
- Some instant oatmeal packets are high in sugar and sodium.
- Buy steel cut oats.
- Sprinkle spices like cinnamon, ginger, and pumpkin pie spice on the oats.
- Put almond butter or walnuts on top.
- Put frozen berries or dried fruit on top.
Goji berries protect against cancer!