Get Rid of a Cold:
Fun Fact: The minerals in onions help your body efficiently store energy, strengthen your bones and teeth, and also help with the function of your enzymes.
Fun Fact II: Onions help you heal faster when you’ve had an injury.
Fun Fact III: Onions are a member of the allium family of plants. Garlic, leeks, and chives are also part of this family.
- protects against diabetes
- protects against some types of cancer
- vitamin C
- hastens healing
- supports immunity
- vitamin B6 (helps your body use protein)
- high in antioxidants
- inhibits histamine production
- lowers inflammation
- lowers risk of heart disease and stroke
- For colds:
- Peel onions and cut into thin slices. (Raw onions are more effective than cooked for a cold/stuffy nose.)
- Coat them with honey. (The honey lessens the strong taste of the onions, and the onions bring out the honey’s natural cough suppressant quality.)
- Put the onions/honey in the refrigerator overnight and eat the next morning.
- Don’t peel too many layers off of onions. The outermost layers contain the most nutrients.
- Cook them to caramelize them and make them sweeter.
- Put them in soups.
- Add raw onions to burgers and sandwiches.
- Keep onions in the refrigerator once they’re peeled and cut. When exposed to air, they absorb bacteria.
Why is grass fed beef healthy for the body?