Fun Fact: Cumin originated in Egypt.
- controls diabetes (aids hypoglycemia)
- aids indigestion (dyspepsia and diarrhea)
- strengthens immunity
- magnesium (your body can’t produce this)
- boosts heart health
- controls blood pressure
- helps with calcium absorption
- iron (carries oxygen to the cells)
- Buy organic. Most spices are treated with radioactive materials to increase the shelf life.
- If you buy cumin seeds, the flavor will last a year. Ground cumin loses its flavor faster; it lasts 6 months.
- Toast the seeds in oil to bring out a more complex flavor.
- Add ground cumin at the end of the cooking process.
- Put it in guacamole.
- Put it in lentils, curries, stews.
- Put it in Black Bean Soup.
- Put it in hummus.
- Put it in your salad dressing.
- Put it on popcorn, quinoa, millet, rice, and farro.
Cayenne is also good for circulation!