Fun Fact: Calcium is directly related to our cycles of sleep.
Fun Fact II: Calcium helps the brain use tryptophan to make melatonin.
How They Help:
- rich in calcium
- help you eat less and burn fat faster
- reduce cardiovascular risk
- prevent constipation (great source of fiber)
- provide copper:
- keeps connective tissues strong
- supports healthy brain-cell communication
- helps in energy production
- helps your body absorb iron
- Vitamin K (helps your body form blood clots and control bleeding)
- Vitamin A (cellular reproduction and eye health)
- Buy organic.
- Take them with you on trips.
- Put them on sandwiches.
- Put them in your salad.
- Enjoy them on their own.
- Eat them in moderation.
- Eat them while they’re fresh.
- Eat figs with sources of magnesium for best results.
Chia seeds provide more omega-3s than salmon!