Good for Us?
Fun Fact: Chocolate has anandamide. Anandamide comes from the Sanskrit word “ananda,” which means peaceful bliss. It produces feelings of elation and exhilaration.
- mood-enhancing phytochemicals
- antioxidants (protect against heart disease and reduce ongoing cellular and arterial damage caused by oxidative reactions)
- polyphenols (protective chemicals found in plants)
- improves cardiovascular health and prevents heart disease
- reduces blood pressure in people with mild hypertension
- thins the blood
- anti-clotting activity
- theobromine enhances mood
- phenethylamine (triggers the release of pleasurable endorphins)
- boosts levels of serotonin (helps with PMS and menstruation because women have lower levels of serotonin at this time of the month, and also helps with depression)
- Buy organic.
- Buy fair trade.
- Buy 70% cacao or higher.
- Eat a half an ounce of dark chocolate.
- Avoid the following companies that use child slavery and physically abuse the children:
- ADM Cocoa
Figs help you sleep!