Arthritis of the Knee Pain Reliever:
Fun Fact: Indians sprinkle turmeric on their bandages to help the healing process of a wound, infection, or rash.
Fun Fact II: Indians gargle turmeric to help with laryngitis.
Fun Fact II: Populations that eat more curry tend to have better scores on cognition tests.
Has been used to help with the following issues:
- arthritis of the knee (better than Ibuprofen)
- gastrointestinal discomfort
- liver problems
- gallbladder disorders
- lung infections
- menstrual problems
- digestive problems (as an antacid)
- blood flow
- skin problems
Curcumin (the active compound in turmeric):
- binds to heavy metals in the body
- fights inflammation from toxins
- treats cancer (kills cells that mutate into cancer)
- prevents cancer (due to its antioxidants)
- slows down the spread of a wide variety of tumor cells
- prevents and treats Alzheimer’s Disease
- reduces amyloid-beta, a protein found more in demented brains
- acts as a decongestant
- Wear gloves to prevent staining your hands.
- Eat it with black pepper because it helps your body absorb more curcumin.
- Sprinkle 1/2 teaspoon on oiled, cubed potatoes. Roast the potatoes.
- Put a few pinches of turmeric in a tablespoon of water; put it on the rice; wait a few minutes and coat the rice with the mixture.
- Add it to soups, stews, casseroles, vegetables, meats, poultry, and fish.
- Add it to cruciferous vegetables (broccoli, cabbage, cauliflower).
- Add 1 tsp. to tomato-based sauces.
- Add turmeric to your salad dressing.
- Add turmeric to your stir-fry.
- Make a vegetable curry with curry powder and coconut milk.
- Eat mustard (one of the ingredients is turmeric).
- Tea Recipe:
- pour 1 cup boiling water
- add 1/2 – 1 tsp. turmeric
- let steep for 10 minutes
- add 1 – 2 tsp. honey
- boosts immune system
- lessons seasonal allergies
- reduces symptoms of a cold
- honey: anti-bacterial, promotes healing, relieves coughs and sore throats
Eat more chocolate!
- The Food Revolution Blog: Turmeric Beats Ibuprofen for Arthritis of the Knee
- The Food Revolution Network Blog: How to Detox Daily with 5 Types of Nutrient-Rich Foods
- Dr. Hyman Blog: The Ultimate Detoxification Foods
- Dr. Deanna Minich Blog: Take Down Toxins with Turmeric
- Live Strong Blog: What Are the Health Benefits of Curry Powder?
- Live Strong Blog: What Is Turmeric and Where Do You Get It?
- Live Strong Blog: How to Cook With Turmeric Powder
- Live Strong Video: The Benefits of Turmeric and Honey In Tea