Pennies a Day:
Fun Fact: There are 70 health reasons to eat flax seed.
- heals arteries
- reduces breast cancer mortality by 70%
- can protect against ovarian cancer
- protects against radiation toxicity
- can dilate your arteries
- can treat carpal tunnel syndrome
- helps with constipation (soak a tbsp. in a glass of water overnight)
- omega-3 fatty acids
- polyunsaturated fatty acids
- amino acids
- fat soluble vitamins
- Ground flax seeds are better for your health.
- Grind your flax seeds in a coffee grinder.
- Flax seed doesn’t start going rancid until after it’s ground up (so use it up right away after you grind it).
- Eat a tablespoon or two a day of ground flax seed.
- Chia seeds have many of the same benefits as flax seeds.
- Put ground flax seed in your smoothies or on your pasta.
- Stay hydrated when you’re eating flax seed.
- Do not cook with flax seed oil — it goes rancid. Also, the good properties are taken out when they’re turned into an oil.
8 reasons to drink tea!
- Food Revolution Network Blog: 70 Health Reasons to Eat More Flax Seed
- audio interview with Brenda Davis on veghealth.com