Fun Fact: Ancient Egyptians thought that mushrooms gave you longevity.
Fun Fact II: There are mushrooms that can break down plastic and radiation!
- Mushrooms detoxify and clean the forest. They do the same in our bodies.
- Mushrooms have lectins.
- Lectins recognize cancer cells and prevent them from growing and dividing.
- Mushrooms and pomegranates are 2 of very few foods that inhibit an estrogen-producing enzyme called aromatase (which is why they are thought to protect against breast and other hormone-related cancers).
- White button mushrooms and portobello mushrooms have strong aromatase (blocking the estrogen) activity.
- Mushrooms help with inflammation, digestion, and gut issues.
- white button
- turkey tail
- lion’s mane
- maitake (In Japanese, the name means ” the dancing mushroom” because the Japanese would start dancing when they found these mushrooms.)
- reishi (“the king of herbs” in Chinese medicine)
- Cook the mushrooms. Don’t eat them raw.
- Don’t pick wild mushrooms unless you know they’re edible. (The ground mushrooms are the ones to be careful of.)
Reishi tea is bitter, but the bitterness is what makes it healthy. It’s beneficial to have it every day. You can make your own tea by boiling the reishi mushrooms.
- Women who ate at least 1/3 of an ounce of fresh mushrooms every day were 64% less likely to develop breast cancer.
- Dried mushrooms reduced the risk by about half.
- Women who combined eating mushrooms with drinking green tea reduced their breast cancer risk by 89%.
What can garlic do for our bodies?